Known as being the hardest natural substance existing on earth. Natural diamonds are formed through the earth’s crust over millions of years. Diamonds are mined, cut, and polished in creating exquisite and fine diamond jewelry. Diamond clarity is usually based on and measured by the stone’s visual purity and rarity, and is determined by the absence of inclusions and blemishes; the fewer inclusions and blemishes, the better the clarity grade.
Diamond Clarity Scale based on the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), diamond clarity scales ranging from I (Included) to FL (Flawless).
- Flawless (FL) Diamond that shows no inclusions or visible blemishes under 10x magnification
- Internally Flawless (IF) Diamond that has no visible inclusions under 10x magnification
- Very, Very Slightly Included (VVS1 and VVS2) Diamond that slight inclusions can be seen but hardly can tell by a skilled grader under 10x magnification
- Very Slightly Included (VS1 and VS2) Diamond that can that has inclusions but is considered minor, inclusion can be seen with an observed manner and effort under 10x magnification
- Slightly Included (SI1 and SI2) Diamond that has visible and noticeable inclusions under 10x magnification
- Included (I1, I2, and I3) Diamond that has obvious inclusions which can be seen under 10x magnification that may affect its transparency and brilliance
Diamond’s color is based on the absence of color, pure and high-rated diamonds often have no hue and appear colorless, in other ways, low-rated diamonds have a visible coloration tint (yellowish or brownish), the purer the diamond, the higher the value. Diamond color is an important aspect when choosing a diamond as it has an impact on the diamond’s overall appearance.
Diamond color-grading system ranging from Colorless to Light Yellow. D-to-Z Diamond color-grading system based on the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
Although choosing the diamond color is always a personal choice, when it comes to practicality, we suggest that the diamond color ranges from G-M are good to go. These are more affordable and can be sold easier when needed.